Apply Now — Limited Space
FREE Summer Sensory Camp: 3 days and 2 nights camping at Hinchinbrook Farm, getting a concentrated experience with our Ther-a-Play Playdate system. 100% subsidized by our generous sponsors. Limited to 3 families who are not yet members of Hinchinbrook Farm Society.
JOB OPENING AT HINCHINBROOK FARM SOCIETY
If you are pursuing a career related to therapeutic riding, there is a summer job available, starting June 16 and lasting until August 31. This could be a first step to a longer term relationship with the Society!
Check out the job description HERE>>
More details on the Canada Job Bank Web Site HERE>>
To apply, send us an e-mail (see THIS PAGE>>)
Help increase our capacity — become a volunteer!
- Volunteers are trained by certified therapeutic riding experts
- You must commit to a minimum of 10 hours a month (about 1 session per week, although many volunteers do more than that). The best thing is to choose one day and time that stays the same every week, but additional time is always welcomed.
- Once you have put in 100 volunteer hours (including training) you qualify for other free training such as Emergency First Aid, Mental Health Emergency First Aid, T-TOUCH and more — saving you hundreds of dollars
- Volunteering at Hinchinbrook qualifies for school and college community service and supervised co-op work
- Looks great on a resumé
- Really helpful on college applications for related programs (social work, animal care, psychology, etc.)
“FREE REINS” Documentary
GET YOUR POPCORN — AND A BOX OF TISSUES — AND THEN CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE CBC DOCUMENTARY, “FREE REINS”, ABOUT HINCHINBROOK FARM AND THE MEMBERS OF OUR TRIBE (45 MINUTES)
For the present, this video can only be viewed in Canada. We will update the link once an international access site has been confirmed.
Here are some current events and news you will want to see
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = =
Our web site is a great place to get to know about therapeutic riding and the people and critters that make up this charity. Check out all the information found on the many web pages under the tabs in our menu. Click on that big DONATE button at the top right!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Our Wonderful Corporate Donors
➢The Windsor Foundation, Halifax
➢The Shapiro Family Foundation
➢100 Bluenosers Who Care
We also would like to thank St. John Ambulance and Emera for choosing Hinchinbrook Farm and offering us free First Aid and Mental Health First Aid Training in 2019.
Partners in the 2018 Support4Sport Grant to help pay for Volunteer Training include: Province of Nova Scotia, Sport Canada, Canada Games Legacy Fund and Manulife