FREE SENSORY CAMP……
Apply Now — Limited Space
FREE Summer Sensory Camp: 3 days and 2 nights camping at Hinchinbrook Farm, getting a concentrated experience with our Ther-a-Play Playdate system. 100% subsidized by our generous sponsors. Limited to 3 families who are not yet members of Hinchinbrook Farm Society.
“Time outdoors as a child aids mental health as an adult”
The June 5 edition of South Shore Breaker (Saltwire Network) includes an article that, in part reads: “…more time in nature (is connected with) better cognition development and improved physical health, coordination, balance and agility.”. The article also reports new research that shows adults who spent time in nature as children have better mental health. Read the full article here>>
Help increase our capacity — become a volunteer!
- Volunteers are trained by certified therapeutic riding experts
- You must commit to a minimum of 10 hours a month (about 1 session per week, although many volunteers do more than that). The best thing is to choose one day and time that stays the same every week, but additional time is always welcomed.
- Once you have put in 100 volunteer hours (including training) you qualify for other free training such as Emergency First Aid, Mental Health Emergency First Aid, T-TOUCH and more — saving you hundreds of dollars
- Volunteering at Hinchinbrook qualifies for school and college community service and supervised co-op work
- Looks great on a resumé
- Really helpful on college applications for related programs (social work, animal care, psychology, etc.)
“FREE REINS” Documentary
GET YOUR POPCORN — AND A BOX OF TISSUES — AND THEN CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE CBC DOCUMENTARY, “FREE REINS”, ABOUT HINCHINBROOK FARM AND THE MEMBERS OF OUR TRIBE (45 MINUTES)
For the present, this video can only be viewed in Canada. We will update the link once an international access site has been confirmed.
Here are some current events and news you will want to see
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = =
Our web site is a great place to get to know about therapeutic riding and the people and critters that make up this charity. Check out all the information found on the many web pages under the tabs in our menu. Click on that big DONATE button at the top right!
Our Wonderful Corporate Donors
➢The Windsor Foundation, Halifax
➢The Shapiro Family Foundation
➢J & W Murphy Foundation
➢100 Bluenosers Who Care
We also would like to thank St. John Ambulance and Emera for choosing Hinchinbrook Farm and offering us free First Aid and Mental Health First Aid Training in 2019.
Partners in the 2019 Support4Sport Grant to help pay for Volunteer Training include: Province of Nova Scotia and Manulife. Hinchinbrook Farm Society is pleased to work with the Nova Scotia Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage to develop and promote programs for the disabled members of our community.