SENSORY INPUT ~ MOVEMENT ~ HORSES
Hinchinbrook Farm has developed a sensory friendly environment and offers this camp once a year to three NEW families.
Farm Families may join the camp family at a play date on Saturday from 1:30 – 4:30
Everyone can ride, paint, Trick Train, and drive the horses.
Helpers camp on site ready for child-led play and to give parents a break. There is program issued at onset of the Camp.
Activities are inspired by the Movement Method™ & Horse Boy Methods™
- Nutritious meals catered by Ma Bell. Any special diets require that the parents bring their own food.
- Camping gear provided if necessary. Otherwise families are expected to bring their own tents, sleeping gear and personal effects.
- Use of screen devices is discouraged but understandably required at times for communication.
- Activities include: zip lining, water play, Springfree™ trampoline, painting or chalk art, memory and sensory games, climbing, swinging, music, crafts, fishing, horseback riding/driving, campfires and what ever the kids come up with.
- View the news clip on previous camp here: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=908132
Start the process by filling and sending this Sensory Experience Weekend Application Form:
Arrival at Hinchinbrook facility: Friday 3:00 PM
Departure: Sunday 3:00 PM
A telephone interview will be arranged before you are accepted.
This is a 100% sponsored camp by Unity for Autism and the Nova Scotia Summer Employment (SKILL)”.
There is no charge to the families. Six meals and regular healthy snacks are provided.
The family must bring camping gear, personal supplies and special diets. You or your extended family or friends can make a charitable donation by going to this link and clicking on the blue button. If you do not have camping equipment, ask Patty about what is available at the Farm.